Part Time Positions
Gym Lead Youth Development Professional
- Plans and oversees the delivery of a broad range of quality programs and special events for program area.
- Must be able to provide leadership, on-the-spot and reflective feedback, and supervision to assigned Youth Development Professional/volunteers to ensure they too understand and demonstrate the 5 Key Elements of Positive Youth Development.
- Ensuring the implementation of the program schedule, as well as planned impact programs in the assigned program area.
- Commitment to youth safety; to include adequate supervision of teens, as well as providing a safe and welcoming environment.
- Foster effective communication with parents, community and school.
- Assist with youth having behavioral challenges and ensuring success plans are followed.
- Participate in trainings, special programs and/or events.
- Ensures an environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes, with overall responsibility for cleanliness, attractiveness and safety of properties and equipment.
The Lead Youth Development Professional is responsible for implementing the 5 Key Elements of Positive Youth Development: fun, safety, recognition, opportunities and expectations and supportive relationships in their daily interactions with youth. Candidate must possess leadership, organizational, communication skills, and be a positive role model.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be a positive role model.
To apply, please contact Jill Comes at email@example.com or call (605)886-6666 for more information. An application is available to download below.
After-School Youth Development Professional
- Commitment to child safety; to include adequate supervision of children, as well as providing a safe and welcoming environment.
- Must serve as a mentor and role model to all youth.
- Actively be engaged in the hourly activity/impact program occurring in the space you are working in while effectively supervising the full space.
- Show passion for your job and in the programs, you are running.
- Provide guidance to our youth.
- Youth Development Professionals must have strong leadership skills and must be able to collaborate with staff, school, parents and members of the community.
- Hours will be Monday – Friday from 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm, with additional hours of early dismissal and no school days.
- Candidates with strong leadership skills and experience with youth may be considered for a supervisory role.
Youth Development Professionals will be responsible for implementing the 5 key elements of positive youth development: fun, safety, recognition, opportunities, expectations and supportive relationships in their daily interactions with youth.
High School Diploma and experience working with youth is required.
To apply, please contact Jill Comes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605)886-6666 for an application. An application is available below to complete online.