Full Time Positions
Youth Diversion Coordinator
The Youth Diversion Coordinator in cooperation with Codington County will be responsible for the coordination, management, and expansion of the local Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative (JDAI). The Coordinator will collaborate with the Codington County State’s Attorney, law enforcement, court services, schools and other community partners. The goal of this system is to create more effective and efficient processes surrounding the use of detention, and by so doing, to reduce detention populations while ensuring public safety and increasing the youth’s potential for future success.
The Youth Diversion Coordinator is responsible for the administration of the Teen Court Program. Teen Court provides an alternative court system through which juvenile offenders can be heard and judged by their peers. The Youth Diversion Coordinator will recruit, train, and manage the youth and adult volunteers and will organize and conduct all Teen Court sessions.
- Data tracking and analysis.
- Case management and community referrals.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Provides leadership, direction and problem solving in delivering guidance to youth.
- Travel is required and work hours may vary, including evenings.
This position requires a degree in Criminal Justice, Social Services, Liberal Arts or related field.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 15, 2019.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Develop, plan and implement quality program plans and special events that adheres to the Boys and Girls Club mission, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for recruiting and retaining teens and meeting pre-established attendance goals.
- Responsible for the Youth of the Year, Career Launch and Keystone programs which conduct activities in the three areas: academic success, career exploration and community service.
- Provides leadership, direction and problem solving in delivering guidance to our teens.
- Commitment to youth safety; to include adequate supervision of teens, as well as providing a safe and welcoming environment.
- Foster effective communication with parents, community and school.
An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, Human Services, Child Development or any related field is preferred, but not required.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com
Part Time Positions
The Boys and Girls Club of Watertown is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Part-Time Professional to serve as Facility Coordinator.
The Facility Coordinator will maintain the buildings and grounds of the Boys & Girls Club and oversee the upkeep of equipment and supplies. Facility Coordinator makes sure the building and grounds are maintained, which entails daily and weekly cleaning schedules, as well as determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, and safety inspections.
- Maintenance Plan: Create, review and update a maintenance plan covering all building, equipment, cleaning schedules (deep cleaning, floor waxing, gym resurfacing, etc.) Maintains points of contact for all vendors for the upkeep of the building.
- Equipment: Duties include ensuring all equipment is maintained and serviced on a periodic schedule. Includes heating, ventilation, air condition units, floor cleaning machines, vacuums, lawn mowers, elevator, kitchen appliances and other equipment as necessary.
- Grounds: Ensure mowing, weeding, snow removal and keeping the grounds neat and clean.
- General Staff Assistance: These activities would include moving furniture and equipment and assisting staff with any special needs. Provide prompt response to staff’s request.
- General daily cleaning will be performed. Includes cleaning of tile and carpet floors. Other includes cleaning walls, doors, ceilings, woodwork, bathrooms, windows, furniture, light fixtures, drinking fountains, etc.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- Complete maintenance and repair of facility and equipment, including coordination with outside contractors.
- Schedules and coordinates waste removal and recycling services.
- Inspects facility for fire hazards and develops plan for fire prevention.
All candidates must possess leadership, organizational, communication and time management skills. A commitment to child safety; to include adequate supervision of youth, as well as providing a safe and welcoming environment is also required.