Full-Time Positions - at this time, all full-time positions are full.
Part Time Positions
The Education Coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing, supervising and evaluating quality programs. The Education Coordinator is responsible for role-modeling and promoting healthy behaviors throughout the Club and community. The Education Coordinator programs to positively impact the lives of club members in the areas of education, healthy behaviors and technology. Must display confidence in leading and setting healthy boundaries in a large group setting.
o Develop, plan and oversees the delivery of a broad range of quality programs and special events for the education and power hour area.
o Plan, recruit and retain Torch Club members and hold weekly meetings.
o Facilitates, implements and tracks grant funded programs.
o Strong Leadership skills with Youth Development Professionals/Volunteers.
o Ensuring the implementation of the hourly program schedule as well as planned impact programs.
o Participate in trainings, special programs and/or events.
o Ensures an environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes, with overall responsibility for cleanliness, attractiveness and safety of properties and equipment.
o Ability to work afterschool hours Monday through Friday with additional hours during the summer months.
An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, Human Services, Child Development or any related field or 2 years working with youth is required.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and three references to:
After-School Youth Development Professional
- Commitment to child safety; to include adequate supervision of children, as well as providing a safe and welcoming environment.
- Must serve as a mentor and role model to all youth.
- Actively be engaged in the hourly activity/impact program occurring in the space you are working in while effectively supervising the full space.
- Show passion for your job and in the programs, you are running.
- Provide guidance to our youth.
- Youth Development Professionals must have strong leadership skills and must be able to collaborate with staff, school, parents and members of the community.
- Hours will be Monday – Friday from 3:00 pm – 6:30 pm, with additional hours of early dismissal and no school days.
- Candidates with strong leadership skills and experience with youth may be considered for a supervisory role.
Youth Development Professionals will be responsible for implementing the 5 key elements of positive youth development: fun, safety, recognition, opportunities, expectations and supportive relationships in their daily interactions with youth.
High School Diploma and experience working with youth is required.
To apply, please contact Jill Comes at email@example.com or call (605)886-6666 for an application. An application is available below to complete online.